University of London Society of Change Ringers – UL
ULSCR Fact File
- Society Officers
- 8 bells, 11-3-23
- St Olaves, Hart St. Tower Hill
- Practice: Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time)
- Service: Sundays 1020-1100 (1st/3rd)
Come and join the University of London Society of Change Ringers. The UL “Home Tower” is: St Olaves, Hart St. Tower Hill and our practice night is Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time), followed closely by pub time! Service ringing is every 1st & 3rd Sunday throughout the year from 1020-1100.
ULSCR was founded just after the end of WWII with the objectives being the promotion of the art & science of change ringing in the University of London & ringing for church services.
Membership is open to all past/present members & employees of any institution or college in London whether you ring already or would like to learn. We welcome all ringing abilities and our active social calendar includes: a wide range of tours, treasure hunts, picnics, handbells, competitions (including the Southern Universities Association weekend), peal/quarter weekends, theatre trips, concerts, parties, dinners and lots more!
- UL Treasure Hunt: 8th June 2013 (5/14/2013) - Hi All, Just a brief note to say that the UL Treasure Hunt will be on Saturday 8th June starting in the morning (time tbc). This year the Treasure Hunt theme is the Underground (within zones 1 & 2) which ties in nicely with its 150th Anniversary. As always there will also be pubs involved [...]
- Practices and Service ringing: New Master (5/13/2013) - Hello All, Firstly, I’d like to thank everyone for electing me as Master, I hope I can do a good job. Here are some bits and pieces of info about UL practices and service ringing. UL Practices Thursdays will remain as UL practice night, and the location, time and bells will also remain the same [...]
- AGM Results (5/13/2013) - Dear All Following this afternoon’s AGM, the following appointments were made for the upcoming year 2013/2014 President: Rupert Littlewood Vice Presidents: Katie Lane and Jacqui Bale Master: Ryan Noble Secretary: Sophie Middleton Treasurer: Chris Rimmer Ordinary Committee Members: Chris Brown, David Phillips, Ben Barnes I would like to thank all the outgoing officers for their [...]
- Practice tonight – and pre AGM drinking… (5/9/2013) - Dear all, Practice tonight as usual from 7pm. Could people try and make an effort to be there as I think we may be a bit short at the beginning. Pub will be the Minories. As a suggestion, the Saturday Morning peal band will probably head to the Crosse Keys for refreshment from 12ish. If [...]
- The Tewkesbury Shield 2013 – RESULTS (5/7/2013) - Congratulations to the Derby team! 1st Derby Diocesan Association 15.5 faults 2nd Nottingham University Society 22.25 faults 3rd Worcestershire & Districts 34 faults 4th University of London Society 43.5 faults 5th Llandaff and Monmouth Assn. 44.25 faults 6th Oxford Diocesan Guild 47 faults 7th Irish Association 61.75 faults 8th Leicester Diocesan Association 67 faults