University of London Society of Change Ringers – UL
ULSCR Fact File
- Society Officers
- 8 bells, 11-3-23
- St Olaves, Hart St. Tower Hill
- Practice: Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time)
- Service: Sundays 1020-1100 (1st/3rd)
Coming to Study in London this year?
The University of London Society of Change Ringers congratulates all those who have got places to come and study in London this year.
Come and join the University of London Society of Change Ringers. The UL “Home Tower” is: St Olaves, Hart St. (near Tower Hill tube station) and our practice nights are Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time) – 6.30pm if you like to ring handbells, followed closely by drinking at a nearby pub! Service ringing is every 1st & 3rd Sunday throughout the year from 1015-1100 followed by Breakfast.
ULSCR was founded just after the end of WWII with the objectives being the promotion of the art & science of change ringing in the University of London & ringing for church services.
Membership is open to all past/present members & employees of any institution or college in London whether you ring already or would like to learn. We welcome all ringing abilities and our active social calendar includes: a wide range of tours, treasure hunts, picnics, handbells, competitions (including the Southern Universities Association weekend), peal/quarter weekends, theatre trips, concerts, parties, dinners and lots more!
- ULSCR Peal Weekend 7-9 February 2014 (2/9/2014) - At the UL, we are very fortunate to have enough current students, active past students and ‘wannabe members’ to continue hold an Annual peal weekend. This year, as it does every year, our peal weekend took place on the second weekend in February. We had ten peal attempts booked in between Friday lunchtime and Sunday […]
- Roger Bailey Memorial Weekend 2014 (1/19/2014) - 17 – 19 January 2014 19 Jan 2014 Islington (9G Highbury Crescent) 5184 Bristol Surprise Major 19 Jan 2014 Stepney (St Dunstan) 1287 Stedman Caters 18 Jan 2014 Chelsea Old Church (All Saints) 1250 Lincolnshire Surprise Major 18 Jan 2014 Hampstead (Christ Church) 1344 Cambridge Surprise Major 18 Jan 2014 Kentish Town – Gospel Oak […]
- Winter Tour 2014 (1/12/2014) - In the days leading up to the Winter Tour we had much discussion and dithering about potential floods in Oxford and what public transport would or would not be doing. Happily this didn’t hamper us, the UL were determined, and turned out in large numbers on time at the first tower, St Thomas – ran […]