University of London Society of Change Ringers – UL
ULSCR Fact File
- Society Officers
- 8 bells, 11-3-23
- St Olaves, Hart St. Tower Hill
- Practice: Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time)
- Service: Sundays 1020-1100 (1st/3rd)
Coming to Study in London this year?
The University of London Society of Change Ringers congratulates all those who have got places to come and study in London this year.
Come and join the University of London Society of Change Ringers. The UL “Home Tower” is: St Olaves, Hart St. (near Tower Hill tube station) and our practice nights are Thursdays 1900-2030 (term time) – 6.30pm if you like to ring handbells, followed closely by drinking at a nearby pub! Service ringing is every 1st & 3rd Sunday throughout the year from 1015-1100 followed by Breakfast.
ULSCR was founded just after the end of WWII with the objectives being the promotion of the art & science of change ringing in the University of London & ringing for church services.
Membership is open to all past/present members & employees of any institution or college in London whether you ring already or would like to learn. We welcome all ringing abilities and our active social calendar includes: a wide range of tours, treasure hunts, picnics, handbells, competitions (including the Southern Universities Association weekend), peal/quarter weekends, theatre trips, concerts, parties, dinners and lots more!
- London 12 Bell Competition Results (10/28/2013) - Hi all, An absolutely massive thank-you to everyone who worked so hard yesterday to make the London 12 bell contest at Magnus such a success. It was a brilliant day and that was due to a lot of people, who I won’t even try to name, as it would be an incredibly long list, doing […]
- London 12 Bell Competition 2013 (10/26/2013) - The London 12 Bell Competition for the Whitechapel Trophy this year was hosted by the University of London Society. The UL is not one of the larger societies taking part in the competition, but what it lacks in size it more than makes up for with youthful enthusiasm. Having taken on the organisation of the […]
- Early Summer “Cycling (if you want to)” Tour 2013 (10/22/2013) - This year’s cycling tour was organised by Chris Rimmer to his local area in Guildford. The official tagline was ‘Cycling (if you want to) tour’, something which the UL members took to mean, ‘Don’t worry too much about bringing a bike’. Unfortunately I had to work on the Friday (booo), so I missed out on […]