St Olaves, Hart St. (8 bells, 11-3-23) in the City of London, near Tower Hill Tube – District & Circle Lines.
We ring at Practice nights are Thursdays, 19:00-20:30 (term time only) - 18:30 for handbells and is followed closely by drinking at a nearby pub!
Some practices take place at other London towers - see calendar.
Sunday Ringing Times & Locations
|Place/Times (QP = Quarter Peal)|
|1st||St Olaves, Hart St. (8 bells, 11-3-23) Times: 10:15-11:00|
|3rd||QP at St Olaves, Hart St. (8 bells, 11-3-23) Times: 10:15-11:00|
|4th||QP at St Bartholomew the Great, Smithfield (5 bells, 5½cwt)|
Other Towers We Visit
UL members can also often be found at Southwark, Magnus, St Martin in the Fields (SMITF) and out of term time at Kensington or Garlickhythe. Ringers are welcomed in all London towers. Here are just a small selection, just pick the one most convenient for you...!
- St James Garlickhythe, Garlick Hill (8 bells, 9-1-25) Service Ringing: PLEASE CHECK & Practice: Thursday 18:30-20:00. Facebook: www.facebook.com/GarlickhytheGuild.
- St Mary Abbots, Kensington (10 bells, 31-0-4) Service Ringing: Sunday 8:45–9:30 & Practice: Thursday 19:30–21:15 (visited outside of term-time).
- St Magnus the Martyr, London Bridge (12 bells, 26-3-9) Sunday Service: 12:15pm after Mass (Middlesex: St Magnus the Martyr)
- Southwark Cathedral (12 bells, 48-0-9)
Sunday Service: 10:15-11.00 (17:15-18:25 1st Sunday only - quarter peal)
Practice: 18:30-20:30 (almost all Wednesdays). Door is locked at 19:00. See www.southwark-bells.org.uk for a practice timetable.
- St Martin in the Fields, Westminster - SMITF (12 bells, 29-1-1) Visitors are welcome at the open practices and Sunday morning service ringing (9:00–10:00). If you wish to join us for service ringing or practices please contact us (www.smitf-bells.co.uk)
- St Dunstan-in-the-West, Fleet Street (10 bells, 10-3-23) Monthly Surprise Royal Practices 6:45 to 8:15 - check our calendar for practices (Tuesdays towards the end of month). UL members are always welcome & entry level is Cambridge or Yorkshire S Royal - .