Just a periodic plug for the UL dinner (as I know a number of people on this list are still without a ticket) – it is now less than 4 months to go to the event and it would be great to get an idea of numbers even if you would prefer to leave paying until the last minute!!!
A reminder of the details below – do let us know if you can come!
Charles & Rupert.
University of London Society 70th Annual Dinner:
- WHERE: Strand Palace Hotel, 372 Strand, London WC2R 0JJ
- WHEN: Saturday 28th November 2015
- TIME: 6 for 630, Carriages at 1am.
- COST: Dinner priced at £50 to include fizz reception, three course meal, wine with dinner and of course a disco! Alternatively, make a cheque payable to ‘Rupert Littlewood’ and email for address details.
As an extra this year, we would like all who are attending the dinner to send us at least one photo whoch represents their association with the UL (preferably in JPEG format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Roquefort cheese, roasted pear and pumpkin salad, with walnuts, endive and young mixed leaves, white truffle oil (v)
- Scottish smoked salmon tian, pickled cucumber, curly endive, keta caviar, And lime-dill crème fraiche
– Vegetarian option
- Ricotta and spinach cannelloni, tomato compote, toasted pistachios and crème fraiche (v)
– Meat/Fish option
- Pan fried Atlantic salmon, virgin olive oil crushed potatoes, tender stem broccoli and hollandaise sauce
- Slow roast joint of pork, roast garlic mash, braised cabbage, caramelized bramley apples and cider jus
- Chocolate fondant, strawberry and ginger compote and vanilla ice cream
- Passion yoghurt mousse, raspberry sorbet, mint reduction